Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tis the season

I really need to learn to update more! I always forget!

Christmas eve was a blast! We went to Blaine's Uncle Jim's Christmas party. It was held at a school cafeteria for some reason. We had a big dinner with some games afterwards like "Mr. Right and Mrs. Left". It was really fun-- especially since I don't know that side of the family that well other than just a few people. Then we left to go to his Grandma and Grandpa Slack's house! I love going over there! They're fun grandparents! There was dinner there too, but I was way to stuffed and sick to eat again. After everyone ate- it was the same game! We played Mr.Right and Mrs. Left i think 2 or 3 times. After that, everyone was just hanging around, the kids were running around playing with their new toys, and having the best of time! The whole time I was thinking how grateful I am for MY family. I am so fortunate that I have the family that I do to share my up's and down's with. I love them sooo much and sometimes I feel like I take that for granted! My sister's are my best friends! They have ALWAYS been a constant reminder to me that someone does love and sincerely cares for me. All of them are my role models and I look up to them.. even though I'm taller than some of them if not the same height! Then it's my parents- the one's who show so much love and protection towards their daughters. I hope that one day I will be able to be just like my Mom, to have that much compassion, dedication and love for the spirit. And for my Daddy, he is such a great man!! I'm so grateful for having a dad that provides for his family above and beyond and treats my mom with the up most respect! Even though 3 out of 4 are married, he still asks what he can do for us. He has always been there for me and words can't even begin to describe how much I love him and miss seeing him every day! He is my hero (besides my husband)! And of course extended family such as my Memi and Poppy Peal and my Aunt Terry and Uncle Norm. We have been given this great blessing of family and love for one another! I may not be rich in money but I am truly rich in blessings. I am so grateful for my family as well as Blaine's family who are always there to support us and help us in anyway possible.
Tis the season to be thankful and count your blessings.

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment