Friday, December 17, 2010

Our update..warning- ** NOT MUCH **

It's definitely been awhile since I've last updated, I guess I better fill everyone in.

1- We had to get rid of ruger, our landlord didn't appreciate us having her and the pet deposit was too high for our budget. I REALLY wish it would of worked out but, it wasn't in the cards for us.

2- Devin ( my big sister ) got married to Dallas in the Salt Lake Temple on November 20th. It was a beautiful wedding! I'm so happy for them! Of course, she was absolutely gorgeous!

....and that's about all. I know, I know-- we're  a boring couple but it's been busy lately to really do anything spectacular, or that's blog-worthy for that matter.

But I have decided to use my time wisely and learn new things! So, I've found a couple of websites and stores with decent sales to help me carry out the plans.

Mom has always tried to teach me how to sew and I just never had any interest in it whatsoever! Well, now I wish I payed attention. I'm wanting to make curtains, a dust ruffle for our bed and throw pillows for our couch. I have a ton of ideas that I REALLY want to execute but like I said before, it's not the creative flow that's stopping me, it's time and moola $$! So I started thinking WWMD? ( what would momma do? ) I'm going to re-do some of the stuff that I already have! i would like to re-do my dresser.. REALLY BAD! none of the wood furniture in our room match and it drives me crazy when the wood finish doesn't match the rest of the wood furniture.  So I'm going to re-paint our dresser.
So if you have any other tips for decorating a rented place that can't be painted, PLEASE let me know! I would love more ideas! I'm trying out this whole "homemaker" role. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment